Dear Moon Joggers,First of all, thank you for making the commitment and joining our crew. We have been incredibly happy, and a tad bit overwhelmed, by the response we've gotten to this little project we started. The wheels in our heads are spinning and we've got plans to make this Journey to the Moon an experience to be remembered for ever and ever!
So let's get to business:
1. If you haven't already done so, please JOIN our Moon Joggers Facebook GROUP PAGE. It is a private group for all members of our crew to communicate and share information. Also, we try to update the team member list on the website every day or two. Please check it and make sure you are on the list. Click here to see the MOON JOGGERS TEAM LIST.
2. Many of you want to know how to LOG YOUR MILES. We will have a link (posted on the website and emailed out to you) that you will click on each week and log your miles for that week, we will post it on FB and email it out too. Right now we want to test it, so please click HERE and fill out the form (use any amount of miles you want!) This will give us a good idea to see how this logging system will work. Mileage each week must be posted by Monday night of each week and is for the Monday-Sunday of the prior week. We also will have FORMS posted on the website that you can print out and write down your mileage daily. They will be uploaded soon.
3. If you are signed up as a team or family we need to get some more information from you. We need to know the name of each member on your team and if you are splitting the 1,000 or 2,013 miles between you, or you are each committing to 1,000 or 2,013 miles each. If you have a team you cannot have more than five members. Basically, we need to know if everyone on your team will be logging their miles, or if one person from your team will be logging the miles for everyone. You can respond to this email and let us know.
4. What counts as miles? We've gotten this question a few times, so here you go. Any walking and running that you do can be applied to your mileage, along with mileage completed on a treadmill and elliptical machine. This is a running/walking group, so cycling is not allowed, although we definitely encourage you to have variety and keep doing other exercises you love.
5. Anyone, at any age, can participate. If a child wants to participate, we encourage parents to participate with them, or at the very least help them to log their miles.
6. We are putting together a pre-launch slide show of photos of our team members before we actually take off on January 1. If you would like to be part of it, please email us a photo of you holding a sign that says, "I'm going to the moon in 2013" or something along those lines. Also, make sure we have your name and where you live, so that we can have that on the photo. These photos are a couple of examples of what we are looking for. You can email those photos to us (email@example.com).
7. Moon Joggers is free for everyone to participate in. It all started out as a project -- two sisters that wanted to do something HUGE in 2013! We share a passion for running (any form of physical exercise) and wanted to share that with others. So we decided to recruit team members from all over the world to help us reach our goal of RUNNING TO THE MOON! You'll get to know us sisters (Ashley and Angie) throughout the year and we look forward t getting to know each of you!
8. If you run more than the 1,000 or 2,013 miles that you committed to, KEEP RUNNING and KEEP LOGGING miles! We will count each extra mile that our team walks, runs and crawls!!! So yes, ALL MILES YOU DO IN 2013 COUNT TOWARDS YOUR INDIVIDUAL MILES and WILL DEFINITELY CONTRIBUTE TO OUR TEAM TOTAL! Also, if you don't reach your goal, please continue pushing forward. We are a team and we will make it to the moon AS A TEAM! So each mile you do is important. Don't get down on yourself if you get behind, and do not give up, just keep on going and keep counting those miles!
9. MOON JOGGER QUESTIONNAIRE. One goal of Moon Joggers is to create a community of people from around the world, sharing their stories and their passion for walking and running. We plan on spotlighting participants on our website all through the year and would love to share your story as well. Please answer the questions below -- when we do spotlight you we will contact you before and perhaps even get a video interview as well. We are all traveling through space together and it's best that we all get to know the people we are traveling with. Please click on this link to answer a few questions. We'd love to start spotlighting team members as soon as possible!
Wow! That was quite a long list, but you survived! Now it's time to enjoy the holidays, practice your moon dance to do on the moon and prepare yourself for an INCREDIBLE JOURNEY THROUGH SPACE!!!
We are so happy to have you on our team!!
See you soon fellow Moon Joggers,
Moon Joggers Extraordinaire